Wednesday, August 18, 2021

What I'm Working On Wednesday--Busy Days Til Deadline

The looming deadline for the Double the Plus quilt resulted in more cutting and sewing.  I am this close to being short of white fabric for the outer border, but until the top is completed, it isn't a certainty.  What is a certainty is that rushing causes mistakes.  Can anyone identify the one in this pic?


Give yourself a gold star if you spotted the white sashing right side up instead of right side down.  I was able to simply open the short seam of the solid sashing and just enough of the long join to resew and bring the seam to back where it belonged--the benefit of solid fabric!  There was a second fail while stitching what I thought was a completed cross block row, but I was short one cross block.  Luckily scraps were quickly cut and sewed and the last block attached. Batting will need to be purchased before final sandwich assembly and quilting.  I have already made the binding. 


Mini watched from the top of the project boxes and under the other half of the quilt top. 


I spent some time this week with this almost one year old while Mama was working in her home office. Dane is now running and very very busy. 


Son Nick came home from work while we were playing so I got to visit with him too.  We'll see the other grandsons soon and hear all about their recent vacation and fishing. 

A quick trip to the local fabric store for embroidery thread for the Poinsettia and Pomegranate project shown in the last post resulted in another purchase.


These DMC kits were so cute and reasonably priced, I couldn't resist. 

Hoop, fabric, pattern with thread already separated--so helpful to jump in and start stitching with the provided needle...just add scissors :)   

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

When I find myself making multiple errors I wonder if I should be allowed in my sewing room when I am obviously so distracted--but that is when I need the therapy the most!! :)
Dane is a handsome little guy, and it looks like he comes by it honestly.
You are having way too much fun with the cross-stitch. Those are cute patterns.
I have been away from blogs for several weeks. I hope you are feeling better.

loulee said...

Great rescue. You'd have been very cross with your self if it had escaped!
Cute wee cross stitch kits.

Tanya said...

Ooh! I wouldn't have been able to pass up the embroidery kits either!

I made a similar mistake once on the backing!!! It was such a job to unbaste what had been started!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...