Monday, August 2, 2021

Design Wall Monday--August 2 Plus Blocks

On my Design Floor are the plus blocks for a new project with a deadline in 25 days or so.  See more Design Walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog. 


Sunday's progress brought the total grey blocks to 27.  These are strip pieced but require close monitoring to avoid mistakes.  I will be making 48 of each cross block--halfway there with the grey ones--then add sashing between the rows and an outer border.  Lots of cutting in my future. This nighttime photo makes them look tan instead of taupe grey. 

I have three weeks to get the top and back pieced and ready to quilt and bind before DD Erica will give it to friends as a wedding gift .  It should be enough time as long as I keep up with the parts building.  Easy Breezy blocks are still my leader-enders.  I needed some more to match the setting I am planning, but there are not too many left to get to that point.  There will be a lot of cutting for an alternate plain block for the Easy Breezy blocks soon; I will use them as leader-enders too. 

7 comments:

julieQ said...

Very pretty! I envision those blocks in red too...just a fun pattern.

Jay said...

Lovely. I really like the positive/negative look you're making. It will be a wonderful gift!

Rebecca Grace said...

I love the simplicity of the gray and white fabrics with this design. Good luck meeting the deadline — you can do it!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

This is a great look~ I love the positive/negative effect and the simplicity of solids. It's great, Annie!

Meredith said...

These colors are so pretty and soothing. Looking forward to the finish!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful blocks, it's going to be a pretty Positivity quilt!

Tanya said...

Love the Positive vibes in this quilt to be!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...