Sunday, August 1, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching--BBD Loose Feathers finished

 Slow Sunday Stitching on Kathy's Quilts blog has lots of eye candy every week.  

I put the last stitches into the Blackbird Designs Loose Feathers #21 project I have been working on happily for several months. Looking back on my blog, I started stitching on May 2; however I tea-dyed the 28 count Cashel linen  for the project in mid April.  

All the lettering was finished and I added my initials and year below the "Z".  I may change the date location as to me it is a bit distracting. Opinions welcome. Now I will consider framing options, after washing and pressing.  I love this embroidery. 

There are a lot of finished embroidered pieces in the Hoosier cabinet that also need to get to display status.  


The poinsettia and pomegranate has been waiting several years. It is a pin keep. The Gingiber bear I think I finished just last year, and maybe the year before for the Lizzie Kate Stitching Forever?  I enjoyed them all!  I do have displayed last summer's Lizzie Kate stitch. I remixed some motifs I liked better. 


Perhaps I should add a few backstitches around Mr. Gull's belly to make it stand out more from the Aida.  Alright, now I'm off to the sewing room to get some more quilt blocks made.  

6 comments:

loulee said...

A lovely finish.
I agree, you do need to get them displayed somehow, even if they ahve to take turns.

Dotti in CT said...

I would suggest putting the date on the left size above the bird. The long way vertical instead of horizontal.
Dotti in CT

Karrin Hurd said...

I love seeing all your beautiful stitching! Have a great week!

ishikavarma said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barb said...

lovely stitchery!

Tanya said...

Congratulations on a lovely finish! Yes! Get those stitcheries out on display! They are all so pretty.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...