Monday, August 9, 2021

Design Wall Monday--Double The Plus

Joining Design Wall Monday on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts Blog. See more pretty quilts there!

On my Design Floor/table are parts for the ongoing project of the month, Double The Plus (by Emily Dennis) quilt I'm making at DD Erica's request to gift for a friend's wedding.  I got all the block rows completed in the two colorways on Saturday night and, just before quitting time, cut the grey sashing pieces.  


The sashing is cut at 5" so makes a big quilt fast.  This is half the rows for the large throw size.  Looking pretty good so far with lining up the crosses.  Outer borders will be added after I get the center together.  Then I will do the same for the "double" in the opposite colorway.  The hardest part will be sandwiching the two quilt tops back to back.  Erica has already decided on simple diagonal lines for the quilting, so the walking foot will get a workout. 

I had a manicure by my friend Stacy last week; I brought her a diet Ginger Ale to drink and she told me she had never had ginger ale!  She'd always thought ginger ale was like 7up or Sprite, and had never tried it.  She was pleasantly surprised :)  I'm curious if other adults have never had ginger ale.  Growing up, my Mom always drank Diet Rite, remember that one?  

Sewtopia Orlando is coming up next month. I signed up for the Windham Fabrics challenge and received a package last week. 


I'm pondering options for these sweet prints.  My sister also signed up but didn't like the print fabrics very much.  I also need to make some secret swap items as I'm pretty sure I signed up for that too--in 2019! 

My fingers have been idle when not at the sewing machine--I need to choose another cross stitch/embroidery project to pick up instead of staring at my phone...

5 comments:

Sherrill said...

You're such a great mom for making a quilt for your daughter's friend. And you're really hopping along quickly. I really like ginger ale but rarely buy it. The nails look great!! :-)

Benjamin Jones said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Benjamin Jones said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kate said...

You've made good progress on the double plus project. It helps when the sashing is that wide. Hope you've found an embroidery project to stitch on when your not at the sewing machine.

Tanya said...

Is the Double Plus going to be reversible? I think I'd get a headache trying to keep the quilting right on both sides...

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...