Sunday, August 29, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching--Round Robin Quilt

Slow Stitching Sunday on Kathy's Quilts Blog comes round again. 

While the walking foot was still on the machine, and a readied quilt sandwich that had been waiting months for its turn, I smoothed both sides flat and repinned the corners. The few markings needed were done with the Hera tool. 


I quilted in the ditch within the log cabins every four inches crosswise, then along the 12" block rows the long way.  From the leftover binding bin there were few solids, and I did not have any more of the jade green which I'd started the round robin log cabin blocks with.  I pulled all the solid 2.5" strips from my precut drawers, then chose some fat quarters to round out. I really wasn't sure that it would look good, but I'm pleased with it. 


Binding was attached entirely by machine. Where you see binding clips is a Slow Stitching opportunity where I missed catching the edge on the back.  That will be taken care of today.


Backing fabrics.  I like this side too.  That button print has been in stash for a couple of decades--I made my older daughter a dress from it when she was in elementary school!


The lotus looking print was a bargain room purchase a few months ago.  Glad to have this ready to turn in at Guild next month.  There are two other quilt tops/backs needing the same treatment.  I think the walking foot will stay on the machine for now :)

7 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Nice to use up those older chunks of fabric on the back of a quilt. Your quilt looks great!

loulee said...

What a great finish. The pattern is very eye catching. Love the backing too. It's great to use things up.

Kim said...

Your quilt is exploding with amazing eye catching design and colour. What a striking quilt it is. The back too, looks fabulous with those two fabrics. Love that the button fabric is from a dress you made your daughter. Two decades it has been stashed away....wow!

CathieJ said...

I love this colorful graphic quilt!

Maggie said...

Fantastic finish! Have a wonderful week.

julieQ said...

What a cool quilt!!! Love it! Pieced backs add so much interest in my book.

Tanya said...

Great job! What a puzzle of a quilt! I wish I could master using a walking foot... it still pulls whenever I try to quilt with it...

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...