Sunday, September 12, 2021

Weekly Doings

I had every intention of posting during the week, but that obviously did not happen.  We were watching different documentaries regarding the remembrance of the 9/11 tragedy several evenings. I was home that day from work and watched all the horrifying scenes and tragedy.  I posted a remembrance about it here

There has been no piecing this week but I did complete cutting some parts for the Sewtopia Challenge project, from Windham Fabrics (Five + Ten fabrics by Denyse Schmidt).


While the pattern called for the large triangle to be cut from a square and sliced twice diagonally; with only one required for my project, I used Bonnie Hunter's Essential Triangle tool instead, to save fabric since they are only fat quarters. Other pieces for the pillow front and back are yet to be cut. I'd like to start some sewing first. 

I did quilt a baby quilt that has been sandwiched for some time, even the binding was made.  This will be donated to guild. 


Left over blue/gray HSTs from another guild project got some corner triangles from a mini charm pack I won.   The black graphic print yardage was in stash. 


Closeup of the prints.  Ditch quilting and some very random double lines for the quilting. I did not mark anything so they are "organic" straight lines, haha.


There was some slow stitching of binding misses, as usual.  I accomplished some of this while babysitting youngest grandson, Dane, as he napped.


He can be kept busy by putting pieces of Mr. Potatohead back in the toy bin and letting him fish them out, as he is obsessed with that toy:)  We also spent time outdoors while Mama had a Zoom meeting in her home office.  

It was the opening weekend of soccer season for the older grandsons.  Cove put himself under Grant's beach hat and called it "Papa Shade". Little Brother Hunter's first game resulted in a win.  

Green Lightning is the team name.  Hunter is the far right in the team pic above.  The girls playing in the next field wore purple uniforms and were The Purring Kittens, lol.


Cove (#2) scored a goal at his game, which is fortunately played at the same location as his brother's. I believe the game ended in a tie. He was very focused and expended a great deal of energy following the ball and getting any action he could.  

Ten Years Ago: 

Ten years ago this month, daughter Elaine was getting fitted in her beautiful wedding gown, for her October wedding.  Hard to believe it has gone by so fast!  

I made snap bags for her bridesmaids' gifts.  She put a necklace in each one with a personal note.  It's time to make another one for myself, with a wristlet for easier carrying. 

1 comment:

Tanya said...

How fun you are all having with your grandsons! I'll have to remember that Mr. Potatohead is popular in that age-group... I have no idea yet how to be a grandmother.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...