Monday, December 27, 2021

Design Wall Monday--last of 2021

On this final Design Wall Monday of the year, a quilt top has been chosen to be finished.  See more Design Walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog. 

My younger daughter Erica has a long time friend who has been diagnosed with brain cancer, shocking for someone only in her early 30s.  Erica asked me for pics of any unclaimed quilt tops that could be finished for Stephanie.  There were a lot to choose from--one of my New Year goals is to get several sent out for quilting! 


Erica chose this bright '30s print top I finished last year.  The pattern was called Summer Breeze, from Kim Brackett's Scrap Basket Surprises book.

Lots of sweet prints in this quilt.  The medium blue print closest to the bottom is an actual vintage fabric from the 30s. The rest are repros.


There was fabric set aside for binding as well.  I ordered a 1930s print from Fat Quarter Shop, it is from the Aunt Ella's line, a sweet floral with butterflies.  Erica chose the print in orange, it is also offered in pink. 

Happy New Year, everyone! Here's to a better 2022...

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

That is a sweet quilt, which will surely be loved. I need to pull out that book again soon. You make such great quilts from it.

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

This looks so doable--I may try making one

Tanya said...

I hope your daughter's friend will be back to full health very soon.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...