Sunday, December 12, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching--12/12/21

 Slow Sunday Stitching--see more great handwork on Kathy's Quilts blog.  

I'm still being faithful to one project, the DMC Cat kit stitch.  There's been good progress this week. 

The tail is complete except for a few details and I've made it down to the bottom of the design where the cat's toes are.  Still enjoying this very much.  Otherwise I have a couple of names to embroider for tree ornaments, one of which is my husband's, and that will get done this week.

I went more minimalist for our smaller tree this year, limiting the Christmas balls to red and gold and paring down by at least half on the other ornaments.  As you can see, the tree needs to be small to tuck into everything that is already packing the living room/dining room, including two toyboxes for the grandsons :)


We dropped by my parents' house to check on the new HVAC install.  Mom and I were accidental sweater twins, lol! Otherwise we hardly look alike at all 😉

Mom had this old photo pinned up in her kitchen.  That's my brothers, sister and me mimicking the stairs behind us.  My Dad still stands exactly like that--and so does my oldest brother.  We were at our paternal Great-Grandparents' 50th Wedding Anniversary party.  I posted this pic on Facebook and my paternal cousin confirmed that this was Logan and Lizzie's apartment in San Pedro.  I must have been about 6 years old; I'm the middle child. I remember running around a lot with cousins at the party!  Great memory.  

6 comments:

Robin said...

Sometimes a smaller tree can be just the ticket. We've gone smaller this year and seeing the lights still brings me joy. You and your mother looks cute dressed as twins.

Ivani said...

What a cute and happy cat!
Beautiful family picture.
Happy slow stitching.

Miaismine said...

Your photos are so warm and filled with love. I enjoy our smaller tree so much! You and your mama looks so cute - great minds think alike! That color looks great on both of you!
Your embroidery project caught my eye at Kathy's Slow Stitching. At this darling "in progress stage", the cat reminds of the cat from Alice in Wonderland. :)

The Cozy Quilter said...

Love all the colours in your cat and what a great family photo,

Jenny said...

Just look at the two of you, you could be sisters!

Tanya said...

You and your mom look just great! And much too young (both of you) to be grandmothers and great-grandmothers!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...