Sunday, December 5, 2021

Slow Sunday Stitching--Cat/Chat Progress

 Slow Sunday Stitching--see more great needle and thread projects on Kathy's Quilts blog. 

I'm getting stitches into the Cat/Chat DMC kit here and there.  I like to prop up in bed and stitch at night--it is certainly warmer upstairs and I have a Ott light I can see well with. 


One thing I really liked about this kit was the embroidery details stitched on top of the cross-stitch, once completed.  I'm looking forward to that part. 


We got the grandsons together the other day after Grant picked up Hunter from school, and I was watching Dane while our DIL was working.  His mama had bought a huge bin of wooden train tracks and all the trains for $20 at a garage sale.  Hunter had a grand time making a big track.  Dane mostly pulled pieces out of the build, but I watched him and put them back. 

He was riding the foam roller earlier :)

Christmas decorating has begun.  We are getting our tree today after I get my COVID booster at the pharmacy. Lots and lots of boxes were opened and rummaged through yesterday.  


I saved room for the tree :)  


This year's Mischievious Kitten is pretty cute.  Santa gets one less cookie!


4 comments:

Kim said...

There is nothing like a little boy playing with their train set. It keeps them occupied for hours...so fun. Cute photo of Dane on the foam. I think sitting in a warm bed adding some pretty stitches to your sweet cat sounds both cosy, and delightful.

loulee said...

Well that looks like a lot of fun. Boys do love to play with trains.
Hope you're good after your booster, it's been making a few people poorly for a day or so.
Have fun with the decorating.

Barb said...

what cute cute boys playing with the train :)
what fun kitty decoration.

Tanya said...

Your decorations are so cute!

I've been looking at those train sets for my grandson... but I guess we decided that at 1 years old, he would still throw them around and put them in his mouth rather than play with them. And my! the price for a new set!!!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...