Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Catching Up, Squirrels, and Sewing

The sewing room was broken down for multiple days after we had the window installation.  I didn't want to completely reassemble the room before our monthly cleaners came.  I'll show something pretty first!  The DMC cat kit stitch is finished.  I used some washi tape I had on hand to wrap the hoop.  The stitchery needs a bath and press before I install and finish it in the hoop. The surface embroidery in white was pretty fussy to do, but sure looks cute; love the whiskers and smile too.


Here's the room before reassembly. It did not take too long to fix up.


The groaning fat quarter drawers were reinserted once the dresser was in place.  The newly operable window is open,  yay. During the reassembly of the cutting table items and things in Hoosier cabinet there were a couple of squirrels released...

There was a baggie of some green 3.5" tumblers that had been hanging around for far too long.  I quickly scrounged up some more green scraps to cut enough to make some placemats.  I'll square off the sides with a border to make the placemat wide enough.   The late night pic is making these prints look a lot grayer than they are. 


I also found this kitted up block my sister probably gave me out of a raffle basket she won and would never make herself! 


Whoever donated it had included a handy cutting diagram with the instructions, which is very much appreciated! I'll enjoy playing with these pieces. 

Some B blocks for the Plaidish2 quilt got assembled  as leader-enders while sewing the tumblers. There is lots to do on the bookshelf quilt for my niece, Emma.  She was in town recently and we conferred over details.  That's the project box occupying the cutting table in these pics :)

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Your crosstitch kitty is SOOOO adorable! I just love all the details! And the color you chose for your emroidery hoop is perfect. What a great idea!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...