Thursday, February 10, 2022

We Have Windows!

 A long-awaited home improvement project has finally been realized--replacement windows are all in!


Window on the walkway to the front door....


Patio door next to the sewing room and kitchen. The house is so quiet now when the doors are shut!


I chose the small window grids on the front windows to emphasize the Crafstman look to the house.  It is a pleasure to be able to forget the builder grade windows we had for so long!  The 5 man crew was great and put in all the windows in two days. These are Anlin double pane windows.


Goodbye old window!  Next we will need to replace the old and/or broken window coverings.  We like the wooden blinds in some of the rooms, and will try to get a good deal somewhere.  

Oh! and I here's the pic forgot to show of the doll quilt top last post, just for a bit of quilty content!


I didn't separate my colors very well but I am not too fussed about it!  Such sweet prints from the Cheeky charm pack and my binding cuttoffs. 

We ended a busy day at work today with a  3.8 Earthquake, it was quite a jolt though centered probably 15-20 miles away.  I'll be working from home tomorrow as the doc I scribe for on Fridays has COVID despite being fully vaccinated.  He is not feeling bad, little cough/sniffles, headache, and has been working from home too, while isolating. Indoor mask mandates are being lifted by the State, though that doesn't apply to healthcare workers.  Maybe only for a few more months...

3 comments:

Joyful Quilter said...

The windows look great. I really like the style you chose. Love the little quilt, so cheerful.


Tanya said...

Congratulations on some great windows! I like that shelf under the one, so nice for some cheery red geraniums!

AnnieO said...

Test

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...