Monday, February 7, 2022

Design Wall Monday--Easy Breezy Blocks Play and a doll quilt

 Design Wall Monday--see more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts

Bonnie Hunter's Easy Breezy Blocks, a leader-ender from 2020-2021, have started being sewn together.  She did not give any particular setting for the leader-ender, but set hers with scrappy sashing and cornerstones. I'm using only a rectangle between my blocks for a lighter look.  I tried to figure out a way to make the blocks nest row to row but that did not work out on my first try and I had to re-press all the seams, ugh.  


Two rows of 8 EB blocks are completely assembled--13 rows are planned. Love all the scrappy colors and chains. 


A lovely 1/2 hour was spent at the local fabric store over the weekend.  I needed batting to move along more quilt tops, including one that's been hogging one end of my cutting table for a couple of months!  There were 20 and 30% off tags on many bolts and I picked up this dark red/maroon that would be a great binding fabric.  A couple of remnants also jumped into the basket.  How could I resist the under $2 prices?

I'm going to have to break down a lot of my sewing room this week when the new windows we ordered a couple of months ago finally are going in!  Not sure if they will start upstairs or down.  Either way, it is very exciting to change the northwest facing picture window to a functional one in the sewing room to catch a breeze!

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oh -- I like your Easy Breezy. I have to make more blocks before I have enough to put into a decent size quilt. I went looking for them the other day and they weren't where I had been storing them. UGH -- now I need to hunt them down -- hopefully where I think I put them. Yea for some lovely stash enhancement you've done.

Nann said...

The EB blocks look bright and airy with the wide sashes. If you can't not buy fabric, then be sure it's a good sale! We have new windows on order, too.

Janet O. said...

There seems to be a theme to this post--Easy Breezy blocks and a window that will make breezes in the sewing room possible! Breezes all around! :)
The setting you created for the blocks is really clever--looks great!
I remember when my MIL had the two picture windows in her living room and one in her kitchen all changed to three panel windows--the outer two panels in each set opened up, and she was so thrilled to let in fresh air! I hope you will enjoy your new windows!

Tanya said...

The Easy Peasy quilt is going to be such a winner! With chains and colors you can't go wrong.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...