Sunday, February 6, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching--Still Working on the Cat

 Slow Sunday Stitching--see more needle and thread projects on Kathy's Quilts blog. 

I've put in only a few stitches on the Cat cross-stitch this week--most of them when the grandsons went to bed when we babysat so their parents could go to a local comedy show.  I had forgotten to put the date on my phone calendar and when Elaine texted us "Are you almost here?", we were finishing up soup and quesadillas for dinner!  They made it to the show, though definitely exceeded the speed limit to get there :)

More White stitches added to the cat's face, around the little flowers in his chin and cheek.  I should be able to complete all the white in another session, and then add the applied embroidery the pattern calls for. 

Next I plan to play with a long, long completed set of cacti--25 years maybe more?  The Southwest decorating schemes were popular when we bought our house 30+ years ago. 

I need to get back to the Bookshelf Quilt I started for my niece, Emma, and I think these would look great framed and sitting on a shelf. Emma did grow up in Arizona!  

4 comments:

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Such sweet stitching projects that you have in progress. The little kitty makes me smile and love the cacti. Happy stitching.

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

Beautiful projects.

Kim said...

Those cacti you are playing with are fabulous. Your Cat is looking sweeter with every stitch.

Tanya said...

Those cacti are going to look so great framed and in an Arizona house!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...