Monday, March 21, 2022

Design Wall Monday--Be My Neighbor

 Design Wall Monday--see more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.

Over the weekend I enjoyed playing with a sale bin block kit I picked up on the Sewtopia Orlando shop hop last September.   


The instructions included a cutting chart that someone had drafted for the kit fabrics, which was very handy. There was a lot of cutting, though...


I added a couple of colors to the tree, and changed one of the flying geese fabrics from stash; I also changed the roof and chimney fabric to a navy print. 


I used my Folded Corner Clipper tool to mark a guideline for the flying geese.  I find it easier to mark a guide for my sewing machine FOOT, with the sewing machine set for the 1/4" seam.



The excess can be trimmed with the same tool and a rotary cutter, of course, but I used scissors on my marked line.


It seemed to take half the day to get to this point, but I was enjoying taking my time, as hubby was off  playing in a golf tournament with his buddies. 


I am pleased with the way the block turned out.  It will make a cute wallhanging. I also finished a quilt top started at Sewtopia and will show that next post. 

2 comments:

Julierose said...

What a lovely block finish--I love your geese colors in this one--nice work...
hugs, Julierose

Kate said...

There are a lot of pieces in that block. What a fun and fabulous finish!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...