Monday, March 28, 2022

Design Wall Monday--Memory Lane Quilt Update

 Design Wall Monday--see more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog. 

There has been a lot of time with needle and thread the last few days.  I did a lot of cutting before getting to some sewing.  Trying to empty baggies and bins of projects is a neverending challenge in my sewing room.  I started with a baggie of leftover black and white pieces from the baby quilt I made for middle grandson Hunter, who is now 6 years old!  I wanted to use them as leader-enders. 


The first pink solid I pulled from stash had to be augmented by a darker shade, and just for fun I threw in the print for the last two blocks. 

The block is from the quilt Adam's Rib by Fons and Porter.


The first Memory Lane block laid out.  I love this clever design! 


And first block finished under Mini's watchful eye. These are big blocks, 16 inches finished, so will make a big quilt fast.  I had fun picking and choosing fabrics for each from the 20 fat quarters required; I used the Oh My Darling fat quarter collection I bought some years back from Connecting Threads. 


Playing with color and print is my favorite pastime.  Each block has 5 fabrics in different arrangements so I am doing my best to mix color, scale and prints. 


The quilt is in this book which was published in 2006--I picked it up several years ago at a guild sale. Lots more piecing for me to do, my favorite part of quilting :)


3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Looking at that first block in black and pink, my first impression was "Garlic Knots". Is that another name for this block? It will be very striking in those colors.
I am not familiar with the Adam's Rib block. Looks complicated to me, but you seem to be handling it well. Looks like it will be a fun quilt!

Kate said...

Oooooh, love the black and pink blocks. Those are going to make such a fun quilt. Happy stitching this week.

Barb said...

Wee your pink black and white blocks are so cheerful and fun.
I love old quilt books that one looks interesting.
I like your little helper :)

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...