Saturday, March 12, 2022

I Know I Just Had That...

I spent two days searching for the I Just Had That item of the week..the APQ magazine with the Make the Connection quilt pattern in it.  I was POSITIVE it was the cover. quilt. I had cut border pieces but wanted to double-check the sewing instructions after completing all the rows. 


Finally I sat down at the computer to look up the issue.  I had to laugh at my misplaced positivity...WRONG!


Well, I was kinda right-- there was no  picture of the Make the Connection Quilt, but it WAS mentioned on the right lower corner of the cover:) 

The border instructions were standard, as I'd thought, adding the sides first and then the top and bottom strips.  


Backing options resulted in a fairly recently acquired yardage--less than a year old. 


It's a Ruby Star Society print I picked up in Simi Valley at Quilty Pleasures quilt shop.  Love that cheddar.  I sewed up some more strip sets to lengthen the leftover blue solid strip bring the backing to size. The top and back are now hanging in the closet with the other completed tops.  The Make the Connection quilt was a fun detour.

2 comments:

Barb said...

What a great quilt for all those scraps and the backing is perfect.

Kate said...

I hate that when I can't remember where I found a given pattern. Glad you found it and were able to finish a very fun scrappy quilt.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...