Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Make the Connection Progress

 It was easy cutting and piecing blocks for the Make the Connection quilt, followed by the rows fairly quickly. Free charity quilt pattern from APQ magazine, by Jo Kramer/Kelli Hanken.


Nice warm blue--I don't remember what shade of Kona this is. Our daughter Erica's boyfriend is very interested in my quilting and asked if I would make him a quilt.  Of course I said yes.  Ryan designs and builds playgrounds with his father so is used to dealing with color and shape.  He looked through a bunch of my quilt magazines and got some ideas.  I expect to see something modern with a lot of open space in his sketching :)

Border pieces are cut and ready for this baby sized quilt, which will finish about 44".  I also sewed up some leader ender blocks into doll quilt size tops as I pieced.  


Random arrangement on this one...


A little more thought with the cheddar and blue backgrounds on this one.  The center four patches started with 1.5" squares and the corner triangles are cut from two matching 2.5" squares. I may add top and bottom borders to increase the length.  

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

That is a pretty blue, whatever its name may be. :)
Very cute little quilts for dolly.
I'll be interested to see what your daughter's boyfriend comes up with for his "custom" quilt.

Barb said...

both are just wonderful, love seeing what you are doing

Tanya said...

All the colors in the little four squares are just lovely.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...