Thursday, March 3, 2022

Inspiration Sewing Madness

The sewing room has been humming with all kinds of projects!  Inspiration hits and I enter a "must sew now!" session.  

Thanks to encouragement from several commenters, the fat quarter miscutting was rescued on the Memory Lane quilt. 


To my great amazement, sewing together all the squares resulted in the exact size strip I needed. 


All cutting completed and ready to start switching up the fabrics for the blocks.  I originally fell in love with this Connecting Threads line called Oh My Darling because of the two green prints, which I purchased in yardage to make a Kim Diehl lap quilt called Twilight Hopscotch. 


I finished this quilt during the first year of the pandemic.  I added an extra row of stars and chains to make it longer. One of my favorite quilts ever! 


I finished another A block for the Plaidish2 quilt so I could lay it out with the B blocks I've made so far and check out the plaid.  Sew much scrappy! My sister pointed out all the fabrics that were from her scrap piles :)  Lots more sewing to do on this one. The smaller pieces are 2.5" wide before sewing. 

I added a bunch of details to the pieces for the Bookshelf quilt I'm making my niece Enna. 

Here's all the pieces so far, not in any final arrangement at all.  I need to decide on fabric for the shelves so I can make more design decisions.  A design wall would sure be handy for this!

Lastly, THIS Squirrel leapt out of the precuts bin!  I may have gotten the charm pack as a freebie at Sewtopia or won it at guild, I don't recall.  I had an APQ magazine out with a charity quilt pattern. 

 The Make The Connection free pattern is by Jo Kramer and her daughter Kelli from Jo's Country Junction.  It is comprised of two blocks and is super simple to put together. using 5" charms  The bright blue solid I pulled from stash is just barely large enough to make the baby size quilt, so I will have to cut carefully--obviously not my strong point, lol, but will be fun to put together. 

  Last summer I finally quilted the one I made using random mini charms and donated it to guild.


The fast and easy walking foot quilting was fun to do.  Lots of sewing and quilting coming up!

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

Oh, I am glad you could save the miscues and make them work!
Your Twilight Hopscotch quilt is a beauty. Hmm, not that I ever will, but I am tempted to make this design using navy as the background and cheddar chains, with yellow stars. Kind of a reverse value placement. But I do love the greens. Most of my carpet and walls in my home are various shades of green--from forest green to teal to sage on the carpets. The walls that are not cream are either a very pale sage, or a really light blue/green.
Love that you are making another Plaidish. That is a great design.
And the bookshelf quilt is coming along. Great details on the spines.
I like that pattern for donation quilts--simple, but interesting.

Pat at Bell Creek Quilts said...

great job on moving your projects forward!

Tanya said...

Great save! Wow, you have so much going on in your sewing room!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Great projects to play with! The donation quilt is lovely, and I like your wavy quilting lines.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...