Monday, April 4, 2022

Design Wall Monday--4/4/2022 Memory Lane progress

 Design Wall Monday--see more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog. 

I've made a few more large blocks for the Memory Lane quilt.  Each block has five fabrics making up the center, corners and square chains. 


These 16" finished blocks are a bit of a puzzle to put together.  I have to double check the directions for layout and pressing each time.  I made myself a cheat sheet to keep track of the layouts,  as some pieces are used twice for the various positions in the blocks. I am concentrating on using the large squares one time apiece before duplicating!  Having a great time with this puzzle. 

4 comments:

Judy Hansen said...

Hi Annie,
This is such an interesting block - it has a four patch and it's also a log cabin. I like it a lot. Did you make it up, or is there a picture of a finished quilt somewhere on the internet that I can look at? Thanks for linking with our Design Wall Mondays Linky Party. Hugs, Judy

Quilter Kathy said...

That is a really neat puzzle! It's my favourite kind of quilt to sew!

Churn Dash said...

What amazing blocks. They look really hard to piece - I am pretty sure my seam ripper would be my best friend!
How big will the quilt be?
Helen

Janet O. said...

I can see that I would definitely be confused trying to assemble these blocks! But you seem to have the hang of it, and they are looking really good!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...