Sunday, April 10, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching--New Start and Easter Decor

 Slow Sunday Stitching--see more projects on Kathy's Quilts blog. 

I made a very lazy decision on my next cross stitch project--it was already in the tote I use for portable projects! This is another $6.00 DMC kit I bought at my local fabric store. 

The kits have this nice large graph.  I like to color mine with pencils. The embroidery thread comes already on the card and the kit includes a hoop, needle and of course Aida cloth.  All you need are scissors!. I marked the center of mine with contrasting thread to help keep me lined up.  Starting in the center is best for me, though I have seen lots of folks start with a border design if included in the chart.  

I never noticed until I took the pictures that this was called Winter Bouquet.  It looks more Spring to me!

Some Spring/Easter decor got arranged on the sideboard.  I made that Easter card many decades ago and got it back after my MIL passed away.  She saved it all that time! The bunny and bow are cut from fabric. 


Another card made by a family friend, and my favorite glass eggs and bunny.


More bunnies in the vase with an egg tree :)


Some more favorites on top of the lawyer's bookcase--I bought the mini quilt years ago at a guild sale.  Glad the nearly 100 degree temps are gone and our usual low clouds and fog have returned.  Happy Spring!

5 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a sweet cross-stitch design! I love how the kit comes ready to go. You have a lot of fun Easter decorations, too!

sandi s said...

It all looks so pretty! Happy Easter!

CathieJ said...

What a pretty cross stitch design. I usually start in the center unless it is a many page piece. Then I start in one corner. I love your Easter decor. I hardly put anything out this year as it is just the 2 of us and we are off to Northern California the following week for my son's wedding. Have a great week!

Quilter Kathy said...

Definitely a spring vibe to your lovely new stitchery!
Happy Easter!

Tanya said...

What pretty decorations for Easter. I'm afraid Easter went by us without much acknowlegement this year because we were traveling...

I'm looking forward to seeing how your stitchery progresses!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...