Monday, April 18, 2022

Design Wall Monday--April 18

 Design Wall Monday--see more Design Walls at Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog. 

I did not spent much time at my machine the past week, so only a few new blocks to show. 

Memory Lane block laid out.  The folds in the cream print were ironed before assembly.  I have not gotten any faster at sewing these large blocks--I have to check the placement and sewing order in the book every time! This pattern is in a Laps from Fats book, by Ellen Replogle.  


I really liked how this one turned out--and at the 11th block finished, it signaled the home turn for the 20 blocks needed for the quilt top.  This is a no borders quilt so once switcheroo and sewing all the blocks together is complete, it will be a finished top. 


Another Plaidish2 block done as a leader ender. I might need to change the row 2 end rectangle on the far right, it is really too dark to be a medium.  I can probably just use the backside!  Lots more piecing in my future.  I need to prep another quilt top for quilting at home, and really want to send out another to the long-armer.  

5 comments:

Churn Dash said...

I thought I had the laps from fats book, but it turns out I have "star savvy laps from fats".
Those blocks look great.

Helen

Chantal said...

I love how this block Memory Lane block is made. It's a different take on squares and rectangles. It's a new-to-me block. Lovely, really.
Looking forward to seeing a few blocks together. Enjoy! ;^)

Janet O. said...

Wow, I don't know if my brain could get a grip on assembling those blocks--even with the pattern on hand!
I'm not very good at sorting between dark and medium fabrics. Don't know how you manage for a whole quilt.

Vicki in MN said...

I haven't gotten brave to try a plaidish quilt but I sure enjoy seeing what others have done:)

Tanya said...

That Pladish quilt is going to be another winner!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...