Thursday, April 21, 2022

Memory Lane Figuring for the Finish Line

The Memory Lane Quilt blocks are getting closer to the finish line.  I completed two more blocks and need only 7 more to get to 20. The pattern calls for 5 fabrics in each block and I needed to make some notes to avoid repeat combinations of colors. 


I have started each block layout by choosing colors for the chain squares, then adding the strips in their position either as the center or corners. I jotted down the combos done so far, then paired up the remaining chain square pieces, avoiding repeats. 

The red and cream print still had two squares to use up, but looking at my photo, I did a double with the blue floral/stripe--that won't do!  There will be a short round of switcheroo again.  Glad I caught that. 


I caught the moonrise last week lighting up the palm tree and some clouds.  We are getting some much needed rain as I type this post, hope it soaks in deep!

5 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Oh, your moonrise photo is beautiful!

Chantal said...

Love how these blocks play when grouped together. It's turning into a lovely quilt. I think you have a double with the black floral/stripe too. Enjoy! ;^)

Janet O. said...

There is way too much thinking involved in this pattern, but I applaud you for working it all out, and sticking with it.
Love the moonrise photo!

Quilter Kathy said...

A fun challenge for yourself - you are so organized!
Great photo of the moon rising! Reminds me of a CCR song with the line "There's a bad moon on the rise"!

Tanya said...

Wow, you need a lot of organizational skills for this quilt but it is really eye-catching!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...