Monday, June 13, 2022

Design Wall Monday--Log Cabins and Star Blocks

 Design Wall Monday--see more beautiful design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog. 

The Log Cabin and Star swapped blocks continued to occupy my design floor.  There were so many blocks left over after my initial layout that I played some more with the little quilt. 

An extra row of blocks all around was fun to lay out, but looked a bit heavy. 

I adjusted the rows and sent out a query on Instagram: double row, or spacer strip and cornerstone?  The latter won out.  Luckily I had a large piece of muslin in stash that I cut vertically so no seams would be required. My strips were cut 2.5" wide and the 2.5" cornerstones came from my scrap system drawers. 

I pretty much scant stitched all  the seams of these blocks together; I wanted the stars to be pointy and preserved.  I think it turned out well.  The quilt top is about 60" square.  I am not really a square quilt lover, and will audition another border top and bottom. I'm happy to have so many of the swap blocks in the quilt top!  

4 comments:

Chantal said...

Excellent job, Annie. I love it with the spacer too. Great call on that. have fun with the next stage. ;^)

Joyful Quilter said...

Lots of yummy scrappy blocks...looks great. I like the spacer also.

Quilter Kathy said...

A terrific layout... love it!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Stellar! I love it!!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...