Sunday, June 12, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching--DMC flowers

 Slow Sunday Stitching--see more great needlework on Kathy's Quilts blog. 

I hadn't touched my DMC kit stitchery in a few weeks, but pulled it out today to work on while hubby was needing me nearby while he was installing new window blinds in our  bedroom vanity area. 

You can barely see that I've added more of a very light pink color around the center flower.  I had previously stitched most of this section and had to pull it out due to several errors.  It has been weeks since I removed those stitches. I'll probably work my way down to the lower portion of the design next. Now that I've fixed the bad spot, it is more appealing to pick up again!

There are several completed stitcheries from last year that need final finishing/framing.   Why is that so often the hardest part?  lol

3 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You're so right about finishing up the stitching into a completed project being the hard part! I have several embroideries waiting for a final finish. Your cross-stitch is sweet and summery! I'm glad you got the problem area fixed and are enjoying working on it again.

Quilter Kathy said...

I know exactly what you mean... once unstitching is required, the energy and enthusiasm for the project seems to evaporate!

Tanya said...

It will be an heirloom!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...