Sunday, June 26, 2022

Slow Sunday Stitching--Fifty Shades

 Slow Sunday Stitching--see more lovely projects being slow stitched on Kathy's Quilts blog. 

My slow stitching today will be a binding for a small quilt. This was from Lori of Humble Quilts sewalong in 2020, Fifty Shades of Brown.  I had a lot of fun making this little quilt, which measures about 14x18".  


I made a simple backing "Bar" style.  The tan fabric is from a fat quarter that has been in the stash a long time!


I used my walking foot and brown Aurifil thread for SITD quilting.  


...And added a few more brown prints with the binding. 


All ready for hand stitching the binding down with the same Aurifil thread.  I think I'll sit outside for this small job, it is a lovely day in SoCal with a nice breeze. 

4 comments:

Tazzie said...

Such a sweet little dolls quilt. I can’t tell you how much fun I find it to see some fabric in your quilt that I have in my own stash!
Hugs, Tazsie xox

Joyful Quilter said...

So cute! Looks like it was fun to make.

CathieJ said...

I like this little quilt. Those are tiny squares for sure. I love the variety of different brown fabrics.

Tanya said...

A great way to use up a lot of different sizes of squares in the beautiful browns that you have!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...