Thursday, July 28, 2022

Bookshelf Quilt Additions

I'm pushing to add more non-book elements to the bookshelf quilt for my niece Emma.  The directions I am using, the Fabric At Work Bookshelf Quilt Pattern, included directions for chunky bookends.  I pulled a well-aged fat quarter from stash and quickly cut and pieced the bookends. 


Nice neutral sort of taupe/gray with a crackle texture.

I'm pleased with them, simple and easy.  The cat blocks I showed last time got their tails made. 

I decided intertwined tails would be too out of proportion, so I just mirrored them. 

Simple zigzag of the edges after fusing.  Since Emma is a grown woman who just graduated from university, I don't want any of the elements to be too cutesy!  I'll be working on books that are stacked and books that are leaning, per the instructions, to help fill up the bookshelves. 

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Great kitty addition to the bookshelf! I can think of so many readers who would love having a bookshelf quilt!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...