Monday, August 1, 2022

Design Wall Monday--August 1

Design Wall Monday--see more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog. 

I spent some pleasant piecing time with the Plaid-ish2 project.  I need 20 of these A blocks and had 10 made already.  The  project box contained all the precut scraps cut into sizes for the biggest block in the free pattern by Kitchen Table Quilting.


 It was warm and humid this week so I opted to use a seam roller instead of setting up the ironing board.  It was easy to roll as I added each row to the "A" block.  


I somehow managed to pick the same square for the top row's center slot for these two blocks.  No matter, they will not touch each other in the final layout.  I need to make a bunch more of the B blocks, too, and have not started any of the C blocks.  It was nice to just sit and piece at the sewing machine. 

Some slow stitching also happened on the weekend. 


DMC Winter Bouquet kit.  I added more pink and green/yellow-green details.  I am getting closer to finishing most of the detail work before adding the white blossoms to this bouquet. Lots of surface stitching will be done after all the cross-stitching is complete. 

Happy August!

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Every time I see your Plaidish quilts I wonder why I haven't gotten started yet. Please keep showing them! I will get my gears into motion someday!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...