Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Some Sewing and Scenery

I've been spending little time in the sewing room lately, sewing a few blocks and rows together here and there, but not making much progress on any to-do list. 

The strawberry blocks I showed a few posts ago were sewn into a mini quilt top of my own design.  I need to decide on borders and finishing.  I had a lot of fun picking out the prints from scraps and fat quarters for the strawberries.  Keeping the "tops" all the same fabric worked out well. The hardest part was figuring out the right size setting triangles to put them on point.


These 6" finished blocks are from AP&Q magazine, which I subscribe to, but they have a free pattern here for the  strawberry.   https://www.allpeoplequilt.com/bags-pillows-gifts/gifts/berry-good-pot-holder


Last Christmas I had to order online for my one-and-only collection of Hallmark Keepsake ornaments. This year I went to my local store and found it on the shelf.  2022's Mischievous Kitten has knocked over a hedgehog planter and spilled dirt.  So cute.

We've lately had hot and muggy summer weather in our beach town.  The sunsets have been pretty, though.  This one was last week, looking West.


This was tonight's view to the southeast, with the moon rising.  I'm hoping the fog stays away from the coast when we visit the Ventura County Fair tomorrow night. I've heard there is lots of good food and music to enjoy--we will take a turn through the Home Arts building, of course.  Well, I will, anyway-- Grant will probably watch a band and have a beer :) 

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

The strawberry creation is really cute.
I haven't seen the Mischievous Kittens series. That looks like fun.
Oh, you know I love the sunsets!!

Tanya said...

Beautiful sunset and very cute strawberry block!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...