Saturday, October 8, 2022

And Yet Another New/Old Project

Years ago, at the first QuiltCon in Pasadena, CA (in 2013!), I saw a quilt that totally grabbed me. It is called Sidewalk Chalk, designed by Meghan Buchanan of Then Came June.  I bought the pattern then and there, but have never made it. Part of the reason was that it called for 1/2 yard cuts, which is not a size I generally buy.  However, on closer re-reading of the pattern, there was a twist!


Meghan included instructions to use scraps to make up the different color groups called for in the quilt. I pulled all these from my fat quarter drawers, choosing mostly tone on tone and small patterns.  I already have the solid background fabric on hand. 


A couple of weeks ago I had ordered a bolt of Kona Snow from Joann's Fabrics.  I had received a great mail offer deal and this 10 yard bolt that was originally $99 only cost me $65.  It was also shipped free to the store for pickup.  I didn't even have to get out of my car, as they brought it out to me.  Nice to have on hand and I will certainly repeat this in the future! Meghan has since written many more great modern patterns and recently opened a studio in Portland, Oregon, finally getting her business out of her house.  She has a great eye for color and design and sells curated fabric bundles. I participated in her Meadowland quiltalong in 2020 using a fabric bundle I won at Sewtopia.  It is still a top....


The fabric line is called "We Whisk You A Merry Christmas". This needs to turn into a quilt before Christmas, don't you think?

2 comments:

Chantal said...

Yes, yes. You need to "whisk" this top to the finish line before Christmas. It's too lovely to be hiding in the closet. ;^)

Tanya said...

That will make a lovely Christmas Quilt for a cozy chair!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...