Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Wart Fix, New Projects

 I fixed the Wart in the Easy Breezy quilt top...

Much better swapped out for this block with the light prints around the center 4-patch!. Another squirrel popped up while I was taking care of this fix, however...

I have so many four patches in baggies,  and remembered an idea I'd had for another of Bonnie Hunter's quilts, from her More Adventures with Leaders and Enders book.  I liked her Four Patch X quilt (photo below copied from her blog post on the book release) and sketched out a portion of the design for a small quilt.


However, I want to emphasize the Churn Dashes a bit more in my version, so will be using red for the corner triangles in the X blocks.  I liked the yellow setting triangles, so cheerful. However, I only had a partial fat quarter of solid yellow.  So I drew out the square from the pattern directions and used washi tape on Bonnie's Essential Triangle Ruler, so I could cut the right sized strips for the QST. 

I did get all the setting triangles I planned, however will need more of the yellow for the pieced border.  That may happen during the Sewtopia Shop Hop :) I will take along two choices to audition for the striped sashing, in case I get that far along in the construction. I had fun cutting up red scraps for the sets of 4 corner triangles.  More red scraps will be needed in the pieced borders, but that is a future job!

Here's a cartoon that made me smile: 


1 comment:

Janet O. said...

I laughed when I realized what you meant by fixing the wart. Good job!
That is a fun use of the 4-patches in Bonnie's pattern. I look forward to seeing your version.
Cute cartoon. :)

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...