Monday, December 26, 2022

Design Wall Monday--Christmas Vacation

Design Wall Monday!  See more Design Walls on Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog. 

I hope all who celebrate the season had a lovely time with friends and family.  I got all the mug mats made for my co-workers in time to distribute at our holiday party.  

They were well received, no leftovers to take home!

The backs...As you can see, quilting was kept to a minimum, just the center square for most, but a few got some additional lines.  I am sure I'll make many more...maybe even one for myself, lol! 

Hallmark Mischievous Kitten ornaments on the tree.  The newest is the stripped tabby who knocked over the hedgehog planter.  Ridiculously cute!


The binding change on the poinsettia runner.  In the end, I just liked the striped fabric option more!  I did a narrow binding so it is not too overpowering. 

Refreshing the runner and cancelling out the old ill-made solid red binding makes me happy!

My Christmas Meadowland quilt got its plaid binding while I decided what to stitch in the plain squares and rectangles.  

There are a lot of white squares to quilt! I've decided to do peppermint swirl candy shapes in the white squares, and candy canes in the rectangles. I'll make a freezer paper templates for that job.  The quilt is 65" square, a good lap size. Meadowland pattern by Then Came June.  Off to the sewing room for my first day of vacation--I don't have to go back to work until next year :)

3 comments:

AnnieO said...

Trying to comment.

Janet O. said...

That is a whole lot of mug rugs! What a happy way to use up some squares.
The Kitten ornaments are so cute. My daughter's family used to have a pet hedgehog. I love that one of the tipped over planter. :)
Your striped binding on the table runner makes me so happy! I think it adds a festive flare to the whole thing--and I don't think it competes at all--it just enhances, IMHO. LOL
I hope you will show us your clever quilting designs when you have it finished. Sounds really fun to me.

Tanya said...

That was a great save on the poinsettia table runner. It looks great!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...