Sunday, June 25, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching--Lori Holt Stitch Card Strawberry Finish

Slow Sunday Stitching--Kathy's Quilts blog.--See more sweet hand- stitching there. I have a finish to share. 

The Lori Holt stitch card project has had more attention and I have finished all the stitching I planned to do.  

I combined motifs from a different stitch card to fill up space on the prestretched Aida blank. I think it turned out sweet. A nice green ribbon around the frame should finish it off. 

These stitch cards are so cute.  I used single strawberries and modified the daisy motif from the top left stitch card.  Next I'd like to stitch the teacup, but likely will swap the cup and zigzag border colors, as I like green more than pink. 

7 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, that is sweet, and I like how you finished it, too! I've been doing some small cross-projects recently, but I'm never quite sure how to finish them so they can be displayed.

Karrin Hurd said...

Beautiful project!

Quilter Kathy said...

I love it! I just ordered a stitch card set with floss from the Fat Quarter Shop and can't wait to start it. I must finish something first - I am bribing myself!

Tazzie said...

Ohhh, your cross stitch is so pretty, what a lovely finish!
Hope you have a great week
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Kate said...

Very pretty! Even those little projects have a lot of stitching. Looking forward to seeing the teapot come together.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

So pretty! I NEED that stitch card; I love, love, love it!!

Tanya said...

Such pretty stitchery! It looks like the perfect summer pasttime!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...