Sunday, July 2, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching--Choosing a new project

 Slow Sunday Stitching--see some lovelies on Kathy's Quilts blog

Having finished the Lori Holt Stitch Card project last week, I poked around the Hoosier cabinet for a new start. I found two options caught my eye the most.... 


A Blackbird Designs small....no recollection of where I got this but I love the bird and the border.  I have never made a little pillow like this but have seen displays of smalls in old dough bowls that are lovely. 

The other choice is a free pattern I downloaded ages ago. It is from 2018...


I like to color! The giant pineapple and fat blackbird, skinny house and big moon--Lizzie Kate designs are so fun. I'll have to check the floss stash for any missing colors. 

Otherwise, the only handwork I'm going to be doing today is burying a hundred or more threads in the current quilting project....


There will be a lot more to bury after I finish the quilting in the big blocks.  Since this pic the binding was attached--there are a few missed spots to close up that job, too.  Half the day is already gone, I better get moving!


5 comments:

grammajudyb said...

I like the border on the little red bird, also! And I’m a Lizzie Kate fan from way back! Hope you have a new stitching project in the works soon!

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Ooooh fabulous stitching projects that you have on the agenda. I have stitched the sweet Lizzie Kate. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. The BBD piece should stitch up fast too. I hope you have an wonderful evening and get a lot accomplished on your quilt. It is a beauty. Hugs.

Denise :) said...

Bowl pillow fillers are fun to make, cute display, and provide quick gratification! I love the Moon Over Blackbird pattern! And your current quilting project is soothing in lavenders and sages! Have fun stitching! :)

Kate said...

Either project would be really fun to start. It's always fun to start something new. Happy stitching this week.

Tanya said...

Your stitchery is always so beautiful and embroidery over quilting makes for a good summer project!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...