Friday, October 9, 2009

Last of the Simi Show

Here's the last few pics I took at the Simi Valley Quilt Guild's show last Sunday. This was another Kaffe Faussett fabrics quilt. I love the color combo and the crazy way all the fabrics actually work together! I think Kaffe uses all the same colors each new line he does, don't you?

This one was called something like "Wedgwood Fantasy". Blue is a color I have very little of in my stash but I liked the center medallion and all the different blue and white prints with those yellows in the corners. This was another large-sized quilt.
This Dresden plate quilt was fun because of the layout making it look like they were spinning plates, I thought!

I took today off, as Grant has been on vacation all week, and we had a nice day of doing a bunch of errands in an unhurried way, had lunch with our son, and I even fit in a quilt shop visit while Grant was seeing the chiropractor! I picked up the replacement fabric I mentioned here for Rickrack Road and also a few other things. The LQS has a sale room and one of the bins is "fabric by the pound". I bought a grouping of about 8-10 different sized pieces of reds for $7.00, and some "last chance squares" from bolt end panels that were 75 cents apiece. I got some Halloween ones to make into little decorations. The shop was quiet and when I went to get my fabric cut I noticed the clerk was quilting on an "Any Witch Way" quilt. I told her, "Hey, I am making that too!" I asked her if she sewed on the false eyelashes and she said that was too much work and she had just drawn them on. I think I may do the same, as the effect was great. She had written the names of all the shop's employees on the hatbands, and also left off the second black border. It was interesting to see another version. Grant is going to see a band he likes tonight so I will be playing in my sewing room again, yay!

No comments:

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...