I liked the asymmetrical setting but still ending up with 50 bow ties. I thought the double four patch blocks added a bit of interest. My original plan was to use background fabric throughout. I made a mock up of the double four patch blocks and laid them out.
Ok, b-o-ring! Some whites and creams should liven it up, scrappy again.
Yes, better. But which way to lay them out? That's where I need some input. Should the lights be on the diagonal like this:
Or do they stand out too much and overpower the bowties?
Here the colored squares are on the diagonal. It may take some further mockup to test this out, but I'd appreciate some chatter.
Shamrocks have been forming under my rotary cutter and sewing machine. I made this one for me, to hang on a mini-quilt frame I won at a quilt show silent auction a couple of years ago. It will be 12 inches square.
Some of these fabrics I have had a long time in my stash. The colors are brighter IRL. Haven't decided how to quilt it yet but it will be bound in the brighter green. The stem pieces are vintage--the bias tape came from my mother-in-law's workbasket and is probably decades old!
These three are for a giveaway at work:
Since this pic I've added the side sashing in the same cream with cornerstones in the top and bottom corners. I'll probably do a stitch and turn as I did with the other wallhanging I made last month for Valentine's Day. Next they'll be clamoring for a May basket! Hmm, I love baskets...