My design wall is up! I have been meaning for months to buy a flannel-backed tablecloth to use as a design wall. This one I purchased at Big Lots for $3.50 and it is 52 x 90 inches. I used those 3M stick on hooks and some curtain clip hangers. Sorry the photo is a bit fuzzy. I hung it on the wall behind where I sit at my machine, so I can just turn and slap things up there as I sew.
By some mini miracle I hung it at exactly the right height to clear the floor. If I had tried to do this on purpose, I'm certain it would not have worked out as well!
My return trip to the store also resulted in exchange for the right length curtain panel. I also used the stick on hooks for the tie backs. Luckily the curtain rod was already at the right height!
Clue #2 sewing is nearly done for Judy's Mystery Quiltalong. Although her instructions didn't include it, after sewing background and accent strips together and ironing to the darker fabric, I nested the strips in pairs and did the 2" subcuts for the 4 patches, meaning they were all ready to go under my needle without having to match each pair--a big time saver when you have 136 pieces to cut!
I'm ridiculously pleased with these little red 4 patches!
This red print is from a Minnick & Simpson line called American Primer. I have no idea when it came out, probably several years ago. It has the cutest little flower inside the circle, if you can make it out. I also own a fat quarter of this same print in green. I only have just enough of the red print for Judy's cutting instructions but have not yet made all the cuts as many of them are for borders and I may want to do something different at that point in the Mystery.
OK, now before I sew some more tonight, I'm off to finish readying the items for the donation truck tomorrow. I have continued adding to the piles over the past week bit by bit. There's still plenty that can be weeded out but I'll be happy to see some more space in some of my cupboards for now!