Friday, October 1, 2010

Favorite Things Friday

As a quilter, my main squeeze is fabric/yardage.  But my true love is color!  So I'm featuring photos I took of quilts from the Coastal Quilters Guild show I attended last weekend, that just scream color. 
Garden Ladies.  So exuberant!

Large hexagons in Amy Butler fabrics.

The gradations of color in this quilt study were so terrific.  Wish I knew the fabric line, it had a wonderful subtle texture to it.

Wonderful mix of interlocking greens and blues that just sang happy.

Loved, loved all the prints and mixes with solids in this freeform leaf quilt. So organic and striking.

This was another blue ribbon winner.  I did not notice the swirls of each color from the center outward until I saw it through the camera viewer. The applique was fantastic as well.  Hope you enjoyed this trip down the rainbow. Go see the other Favorite Things Friday on Shay's blog.

13 comments:

Shay said...

It's like you're speaking to my heart here Annie.

Garden ladies and hexagons just pop. Such bold colours but so beautiful together. Some people have a real eye for colour. The leaf quilt is beautifully done.

I find quilters guilds/ quilt shows do two things to me.Ispire me like crazy and make me realise how much more I still have to learn.

Thanks for sharing these for FTF... Can I steal a copy of the hexie quilt for future reference ?

Browndirtcottage said...

Aaaahhhh....garden ladies (these are on my ole quilting list)and jumbo hexies....LOVE!!!!

Marg said...

Love all the pics, I love colour in quilts. The Garden Ladies and the quilt with the gradations of colour are fabulous.
I am just starting a really bright one now. Most of my stash is made up of bright fabrics.

libbyquilter said...

they're all wonderful but my favorite is that leaf quilt~!
as you said: very organic.

:-)
libbyQ

Lori said...

It looks ilke a fantastic show! Such fun quilts you shared today!!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Great show and tell, thanks; I am in love with those Garden Ladies!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

Wow, I love looking at colorful quilts so thanks for posting these. Just gets me itching to start something new that's full of color.

Larri said...

The world would be a sad, sad place without color, wouldn't it? I completely understand why it's a favourite. :o) Visiting from FTF. Thanks for sharing. :o) Larri at Seams Inspired

Paulette said...

Gorgeous color! I like the leaf quilt especially, as well as interlocking blues and greens. Thanks for sharing these.

Vivian said...

Thanks for sharing these lovelies you found. I love a tour around a quilt show without leaving my keyboard and monitor.
The garden ladies are so funky cool. That has to be my favorite.

Shevvy said...

My use of colour has expanded a lot since quilting. I've broken out of my autumns; greens, browns, orange and have actually used pinks quite a lot and blues and purple! Fabulous inspiration in theses pics.

Anonymous said...

LOVED be careful what you fish for!!! WOW!!! That one just makes me giggle!!

Stephanie D said...

LOVE those colorful quilts! I'm with you--I don't think I could do a pastel quilt at all.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...