Thursday, June 23, 2011

Works in Progress

WIPs sound so much better than UFOs, don't they?  Getting my UFO Challenge for June finished early freed me to dive into some new projects.  The top to the "Sweet Escape" tablerunner started on the weekend is complete and I am auditioning binding choices.

The pattern designer, Heather Mulder Peterson, always uses striped bindings on the bias.


I have these two green stripes, but am leaning toward pink to continue my pink and blue theme.

It's always so great to have choices!  This pink print is my favorite so far.

This deep pink dot is reading more red but really is a lovely lipstick shade.  Opinions, anyone?

Also in progress, the remaining squares from the Boutique by Chez Moi charm pack are turning into the "Party Time Runner" pictured on the back of the On the Run pattern book, and some scraps are being turned into the "Baby Boxes" tablerunner, also pictured.  The latter will be used as my first leader/ender project once I get the white pieces cut for the box centers.  It has been really fun playing with these squares and strips in lovely summer colors.   

12 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

They look great! I have that book, but haven't been near as ambitious as you. :-) I don't have an opinion on which binding to choose as I like all of them. Its funny how which ever color you put makes that color more prominent in your runner; so go with which color you want people to 'see' first. ;-) Have a happy day!

rubyslipperz1052 said...

yep! Works in Progress DO sound better than Unfinished projects. The way I sort my STACKS of started projects is:
1)if I "see" them as unfinished...they get donated for someone else to finish
2)if I "see" them as "in progress"...I keep them to work on at a later date.

Great pictures, pretty colors!

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com

pcflamingo said...

I like the darker pink dot fabric best. Looks like it would go well with the yellow and green fabrics with the floral design (I have some of that fabric in blue and LOVE it). Very pretty design.

Barb said...

I love your works in progress.....and yes, it does sound better than UFO

carol fun said...

What a pretty tablerunner - I like the first pink binding that you showed - picks up the colors of the Chez Moi Boutique fabric which was one of my favorite Moda collections - wish I had bought lots more! Happy stitching-

Shay said...

I like the light green and white stripe for the binding...

I always loved the Noutique line but could never quite work out what I wanted to do with it - so it remains on my "perhaps one day I'll buy that " list.

The table runner looks terrific by the way. Hope you're enjoying your week.

Kate said...

Beautiful table runners. The ligher pink is my favorite.

Candace said...

I'm with you, Annie - the pink print is perfect! UFO? What's that you say? LOLOL Hey - how about Ultra Fantastic Ort!!!
Cheers!

Vivian said...

Even though I'm a big fan of stripes on the bias for binding, I think your first pink is the winner.

Joyful Quilter said...

I love stripes for binding, but for your table runner I agree with you, the lighter pink print makes all of the colors in the center pop out more. Very cute.

Unknown said...

The table runner is beautiful. I think I like either one of the greens better. Of course, you have to use whatever makes you happy. I know the end product will be perfect!

Browndirtcottage said...

CUTE...CUTE....CUTE.....CUTE!!! Ok, did I say it was CUTE!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...