- Since I haven't been working much, I've been dropping in on my parents more often. Yesterday we had been visiting for a bit and as I announced that I probably should leave, my mom said we needed lunch and suggested BLTs, my favorite. She said she had homegrown farmer's market tomatoes, too. I stayed. Yummmm.
- Grant and I continued our painting job Sunday, with me doing most of the prep and then climbing to the ceiling to do the cutting in while he held the ladder (he doesn't like heights). We were nearly done with the second of three walls we wanted to complete when I realized that the 1/4 gallon of paint was all we had left--the other gallon paint can was EMPTY. Well, we got 2/3 of the second wall painted, anyway!
- Traffic Rant: You don't usually expect to have to practice defensive driving in a parking lot, but yesterday three times in the same parking lot (Lowe's) a car pulled out from the aisle as I was driving along the main road in front of the store. One driver looked me straight in the eye while he did it, the mallethead, knowing he did not have the right of way but coming anyway, making me have to brake. The two other drivers didn't look my way AT ALL.
- Bunco last week was a White Trash theme. The hostess strewed empty beer bottles, actual car tires, and bags of trash on her porch, entryway, and around her house. Centerpieces were colorful newspaper ads, and she hot glued large plastic picnicware cups onto 99cent glass candleholders for wineglasses. You should have seen some of the getups the ladies were wearing! Hilarious.
- Mini, my feline quilting assistant/supervisor, lost her voice some weeks ago. She has mostly recovered it but still makes some odd sounds or sometimes opens her mouth with nothing coming out. She sure can yell at treat time, though!
I was trying to get a funny photo of her holding the tennis ball with her front paws and kicking it with her hind legs, but as cats do, she had to stop in the middle and lick something. What a face!