Thursday, January 31, 2013

Getting it Done January report, February goals

January's four Getting it Done challenge goals were reached, with a couple of tweaks:

1.  Finish chevron tablerunner.  The quilting was done today and the binding attached--but I'm calling it DONE.  I used Heather Mulder Peterson's tutorial for the odd angles on the runner and think they will turn out nice; I'm going to try her fast hand stitching method for sewing down the binding on the back. 




2.  Make heart block tablerunners for Shoppe sales.  I changed from tablerunners to mug mats instead, but this job is DONE.
3.  Trace at least 4 designs for Greenpiece wool applique blocks and cut out of wool. I ended up tracing 18 designs and beginning the stitching on the wool appliques, so am calling this DONE.
4.  Do unsewing on Mystery quilt back and repair to correct length. Despite a couple of missteps along the quilt backing is now the correct size, so this job is DONE.

Four for Four and feeling great about that!  

Now for February: 
1.   Complete custom quilting on Caramel Blues quilt.   (This poor quilt has been on the UFO list for two years and is 2/3 finished.)
2.  Sandwich, quilt and bind Garden Pinwheels quilt for Shoppe sale.  (I made the flannel backing last week and have the binding picked out already.)
3.  Complete 10 wool applique blocks.  ( I plan to stitch away while working my shifts at the Shoppe--it is a very slow time of year for gift shops.)
4.  Lay out Picnic blocks and assemble top.  

These four things should keep me busy but still allow plenty of other stitching to be fit in. Setting these goals down in writing gives me focus on moving these projects along.  Deadlines, even self imposed, helps a lot!

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

I'm impressed with your structure--something at which I am so poor.

Kate said...

Congrats on making your goals. I have decided that setting monthly goals is more helpful than annual goals.

antique quilter said...

deadlines are good sometimes but sometimes frustrating! good for you getting things done! binding and quilt looks great!
Kathie

Anonymous said...

Great job of finishes for January. Looks like February will be another productive month, too.

Dawn said...

Congratulations on a productive January. I look forward to your February list - some great projects there too!

Shay said...

Rocking the finishes there Annie. You go girl!

Im finding monthly goals are great but I stress out when I dont get everything done on the list ...maybe Im trying to do too much (at least that's what the slack part of me is telling myself !)

Good luck with your February finishes !

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...