The ongoing Greenpiece BOM blocks were top of the list today. I started by adding additional pieces to in-progress blocks but ran into a problem immediately.
Seems I got a little over-enthusiastic with curving that rind and the other watermelon pieces did not play along. So I ripped out the rind's buttonhole stitching on that end and straightened it out--fortunately an easy fix since I'm stitching by hand. The next problem was the applique glue bottle. It took about 20 minutes of messing with it, rinsing, using a pin, and squeezing the heck out of the bottle before I could get it to work. I think a new bottle is in order!
Coming along, coming along. There are five more pieces after these mustard petals. Sheesh! While waiting for the glue to dry I sorted through the pile of traced designs for the rest of the blocks and started ironing and cutting more pieces.
Lots of teeny pieces mixed in with a few good-sized ones. I think that circle is about 5" in diameter. Notice how there isn't a single straight edge in any of these designs.
Of course I thriftily save all the scraps to use for some of those teensy parts. After a lot of cutting I think I only managed to get all the parts cut for three or four blocks, but that's progress anyway. Tomorrow I hope to get a lot of stitching done. Happy Easter, everybody!