- Unexpected nice events over the weekend included an evening reminiscing with DD Elaine and her best friend visiting from New York at her parents' house on Friday night, and then lunch on Saturday with one of my oldest friends and her husband who were passing through town on their way to a wedding. Old Home Weekend, I guess :)
- On Sunday I got an out of-the-blue phone call from my aunt's husband, Tommy, to whom I sent a quilt when he was sick with cancer a couple of years ago (Kitchen Sink). He just called to tell me how much joy the quilt gave him when he was so low and ill, and how he uses the quilt all the time. So sweet and wonderful to hear! By the way, he's cancer free and was able to return to work for awhile before retiring on his own terms later.
|Tommy with his quilt.|
- Traffic Rant: The warm fuzzy feelings somewhat counteracted the mail from the Court regarding the traffic ticket I got a couple of weeks ago (on my first day at my new job!). The unbelievable charge for being cited for failure to stop? $490.00. (I can hear you all gasping as I did!)
- People watching today included an interpretative lawn dance by a homeless guy wearing headphones and twirling a cane.
- Another plus of the new job? My house is a lot cleaner without me being home all day and letting the animals in and out incessantly.