- You know it is time to schedule an eye exam when you have to start using a rubber band around your glasses case to hold it closed.
- A nearby deli I frequent for lunch asks for a name when you order, and to keep it simple I usually just say "Ann". The clerk was embarrassed she didn't remember my name one day and I told her it was too plain and I maybe I should make it "Angelique" or something else unusual. But I'd be afraid I would forget what it was and not hear my order being called!
- Basketball is my favorite sport to watch on TV. One of the nicest things about it is the lack of spitting. Have you watched
spitbaseball lately? It can't possibly be necessary to spit that often.
- Traffic rant: Of the pedestrian kind. I resent having to move out of the way of bicyclists riding on the sidewalk instead of in the street's marked bike lane which is only eight feet away. Especially when they are riding on the wrong side of the street. Grr.
- A rare fish was captured on my camera last week. I've been waiting for it to reappear since first catching a glimpse a month or two ago.
Tuesday, June 18, 2013
The Orts--bits and scraps of thoughts and events that land here semi-regularly...