Friday, March 1, 2019

Three for March--first pick, Go Four It

For my WIP/UFO busting self-challenge, working on one project for three days at a time this month, I drew a number randomly from a jar. 

#5 is  my version of the APQ challenge quilt by Edyta Sitar, Go Four It quiltalong.  I have made more blocks since this project last appeared in my Three for September challenge. 

I found the background fabric at the vendor mall of the Santa Barbara Quilt Guild show last fall.  There will be some trimming of blocks before I start laying out my design.  Background fabric will be cut to 3.5" squares and setting triangles.

Blurry photo but shows my basic layout of light square in squares alternating with colored square in squares set diagonally. I plan a 6x8 setting and will assemble in diagonal rows.  My three day goal is to get the top together.  That is a lot of sewing but should go fairly fast--fingers crossed!

4 comments:

Loris said...

Oh, I love your 4 patch design! Yes, go for it! 😊 it’s going to be lovely!

Janet O. said...

This will be stunning when it all comes together. You and I use the same version of EQ--unplugged!

Barb said...

Love that 4 patch project. I too use the EQ unplugged - paper and pencil.

Kate said...

Love the planned setting for those 4 patches. Hope you got lots done in the 3 days.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...