Sunday, March 3, 2019

Three For March--Go Four It Progress

Today is the third day for working on the first pick of my UFO busting self-challenge.  Yesterday I sewed and sewed, cut and cut.  I started the assembly much later in the day than I planned, due to my husband wanting to go out to breakfast at one of our favorite spots.  It was raining and the outdoor patio was closed, so the wait was long.  Before we left home, Grant had texted our youngest daughter to see if she wanted to join us. We had been sitting there (luckily snagged an inside spot!) for more than 20 minutes when he received a text back from her.  She had just woken up and, thinking it was too late (30+ minutes after he texted her), wrote, "This is the saddest news I have ever woken up to.  I wanted breakfast!"  After laughing, Grant wrote her back that we were still waiting and she was welcome to join us.  Her boyfriend was with her and though it turned out we waited about 45 minutes total for a table, it was fun to have some time with just the two of them. 

I started in on the setting triangles, which were easily cut from strips with the Essential Triangle tool--so much easier than making the bigger squares.  The strip is cut to the finished block size listed on the tool.  Thankful for brainy people who make these shortcuts!

Before long I had assembled the bottom left corner, without getting anything out of place, thankfully!  Here are some block closeups.










I took several breaks but by 10:00 pm had assembled up to the longest diagonal row, which was a good stopping point. 




Nothing has turned or twisted out of place and I am happy with how everything fits.  Making the square in squares a little large and cutting down was tedious but sure helps with assembly.  I have been pressing the seams alternately to one side on each row so they nest.  Now to get to it after I slept in this morning!  Hope to have a finished top by bedtime tonight.  

6 comments:

loulee said...

Wow, you made fantastic progress.

Barb said...

Ohhhh love what you are doing

Janet said...

This is going to be a great quilt. I always enjoy a little one on one time with my youngest daughter too 😊

Janet O. said...

I am terribly impressed that you got this far with everything in place and turned the right direction!! Looking good!

Loris said...

Power sewing happening here! This is looking wonderful :-)

Tanya said...

Pretty, pretty!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...