Thursday, August 15, 2019

County Fair Visit--Home Arts

The annual County Fair is over, but I wanted to share some photos from the visit my Mom and I made--we spent a lot more time at the Home Arts building than my husband wanted to when he and I went :)

I liked this Jack's Chain quilt and the Eiffel Tower stained glass piece.  The metalwork butterfly was pretty, too. 

Mom was getting a closer look at my quilt in that booth, and I don't know what else!

We both laughed at the chubby mermaid sculpture that was in the sea themed booth.  
A fellow guild member made the amazing quilt--can't remember the pattern designer at the moment.

This entry in the Table Setting contest was cute, but I noted a creepy item on the menu...

A "C" needed to be added to the appetizer description to avoid cannibalism of a religious sect :)


A beautiful Dear Jane quilt. 

Another traditional favorite--Seven Sisters.

A Lone Star quilt has been on my "Must Make" list for many years.

I loved this hodge-podge quilt made from all the leftover blocks and "singles" that never became a quilt.  It won a special Fair award. 

This animal themed booth had lots of variety.  I liked the stuffed Yak bookended by Amigurumi critters.   Cinderella's carriage was pretty impressive on the lower left.

Another guild member's Mt Hood quilt by Violet Craft.  I have yet to finish my version, of which I have one section done!  Judy hand quilts all her work.

Beautiful piecing on this purple quilt. 

I liked this Crooked House quilt too, it was hung above my ModZ baby quilt. 

I have more photos I'll share in another post. 

5 comments:

Loris said...

Wow! There is so much to see in those displays! There is really some lovely work. They did a nice job putting that all together. Thanks for sharing it!

Janet O. said...

Since I did not even make it over to our county fair this year (less than 5 miles away--no excuses), I especially enjoyed seeing the sights at yours. And Home Arts is where I want to spend most of my time, too.

Chantal said...

Lots of Ohs and Ahs was heard while I read your post. Gorgeous work, lots of talent and a chubby mermaid; what's not to love? One thing I've noticed, the quilt you called seven sisters quilt has only six stars. I don't know the name of that design, sorry. Thanks for sharing. ;^)

Tanya said...

Some really beautiful quilts at that show! I have enough left over blocks that I really should think about a hodge-podge quilt myself! I doubt mine would be that colorful though...

Barb said...

What wonderful displays. So creative and fun to look at. Your fair gets really good participation. Thanks for sharing all the fun with us.
Yes great house quilt

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...