Monday, January 3, 2022

Design Wall Monday--Ongoing Scrappy Play

 Design Wall Monday again--see more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog. 

I continued to play in the leftover blocks and scrap drawers, with a few forays into the fat quarter dresser--where I was lucky to find the matching scraps to the blue fabric--even a perfect sized strip of 2.5" for the binding on the hourglass blocks mini.  I sewed it on right away. 


Some other bindings were also machine applied and stitched down on the mini quilts. 

 
I decided to hand stitch down the last mini in this pic.  


Quilt backings were all from scraps/stash. So fun!


Another mini quilt jumped out of the leftovers box. It has been hanging around a long time. 

Simple walking foot quilting and a couple of lines marked with the Hera tool. 


Stash piece of fabric for the binding.  I'll hand stitch this one down too. 

I started the backing for the green blocks runner shown yesterday, grabbing leftovers on the cutting table first, lol. 

A couple more pieces from the fat quarter drawer fleshed out the lengths necessary and I sewed them together. 

So pretty and scrappy.  Walking foot quilting immediately ensued. 



There was a lot of stopping and starting but that went just fine. 


I like the way the straight line quilting looks on the back, too.  I'll get a binding together for this one shortly.  What a fun few playdays on my long holiday break.  

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Six little beauties. Incredible! You have kicked off the new year in a wonderful way!

Kate said...

You've got some really cute minis out of the exercise. I hope you made a bit of a dent in your left overs box.

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...