Saturday, January 8, 2022

Scrappy Play Finishes

There hasn't been much machine time, but I finished up the bindings on all the scrappy play quilts.  I tried as much as possible to use leftover binding or pull from the precut strip drawers.  The cheddar print is a favorite scrap. I think I bought this fabric at the Temecula Quilt Co shop over 10 years ago!  It is a Jo Morton print.


Little tablemats/large coasters, I'd call them. 

Mini the cat wanted to be in the photo with the mini quilts. 

Sans Mini, I noticed somehow I managed to center the tumbling blocks quilt backing pretty well without trying.  Always a good thing!


I chose leftover backing fabric cutoffs for the longer tablerunner as the colors matched well with the backing and the front. Pardon my new slippers making an appearance!


I like Tea Time print colors with the green blocks.  Always a good thing to use up some of the saved backing cutoffs. 


I've been using this mini as a large coaster for quite a while.  I made this years ago.  I just love the teapot print. 


Puzzle piece quilting was really fun to do on such a small quilt.  Now that these littles are all finished, I'll be making the quilt sandwich for the '30's print quilt destined for my daughter's friend with cancer.  The backing has arrived from the Fat Quarter Shop and I have a package of batting on hand.  I'll ponder quilting designs as I get the layers ready.  

5 comments:

Tazzie said...

Annie, I love what you've done with your scraps, what a fabulous idea! And so much fun to have a quick finish.
And how fun to see kitty and your cute slippers too.
Happy New Year!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

loulee said...

More lovely scraps used up, especially that green table runner, very nice.

Judy Hansen said...

Good Morning Annie,
Lovely little “small quilts and doll quilts”. you have made. Making little quilts has improved my binding skills too, another perk. Good job on the backing tumblers fabric - that one is reversible! You can use either side as the front, in my opinion.

Kate said...

What a great way to use up those odds and ends. Congrats on finishing off all the minis. Looking forward to seeing the finish of 30"s print quilt. Happy stitching!

Tanya said...

Your quilting is right on spot and so exact!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...