Sunday, May 8, 2022

Finding More UFOs

There are a lot of new projects I am interested in starting, but the fact is there are too many in boxes clogging up the sewing room that need more attention.  While hubby was golfing on Saturday with our son, I played with fabric. 

 First up, the very small remaining amount of 1930s fabrics are becoming a placemat. 

I used more fabrics and a jelly roll strip for the backing, got it quilted and a binding made since this pic.  It will finish about 13x15.

Next, there were a nice bunch of log cabin blocks leftover from the Log Cabin Loonies project from 2018-18.  Last year, I assembled a top from many others completed, seen HERE  I arranged and sewed these leftovers into a cute topper. My blocks finish at 7.5", an odd size, but  I was using all the 1.5" strips I had on hand. 


I think it turned out cute.  It will get quilting and backing soon too. 


There is only one more Adam's Rib block to sew up after this one, as my Leader-Ender project.  I'll need to find a new one!


Another box held the rows for this quilt, Beach Cottage by Kim Brackett.  I assembled  the rows of these blocks at Sewtopia Seattle in 2019, but never finished putting the top together, though until I found them in the project box, thought I had done so!  They WERE sewn in pairs and it was quick to finish off the final assembly.  My sister claimed the top and I will hand it off to her to quilt, as she wants to put Minky on the back. That should help disguise the every-which-way pressing that happened with this top!

Last, there was a top and backing that have been folded up under the Hoosier cabinet for I can't even say. 


These pieces were left overs from one of the first quilts I ever made for myself, in about 2007-08!  I posted about it HERE.   I have a nice piece of green flannel for the backing of this lap quilt, and pulled all the leftover binding that was red and green. Love to use that up.  

I hope it was a lovely Mother's Day for all who celebrate.  We had a good crowd here for the first time in two years and it was good fun, good food, and included grandsons and their great-grandparents!  How lucky we were. 

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

It looks like you are having loads of fun unearthing the UFOs. I'm afraid to look at mine, unless all they need is quilting. :) You have some great things to work with here.

Tanya said...

Love the Log Cabin colors and the Beach Cottage blocks!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...