Thursday, May 12, 2022

Variety Post

 How was your Mother's Day?  We were lucky to have all our kids with us, and also my parents, one of my brothers and my sister, and our son-in-law's mom and her husband.  


The girls were laughing about independently choosing the same outfit to wear!  I copied them with a white shirt too:)  We had a lovely time and it was good to all get together.  Last year we had a small socially distanced gathering in the backyard.


Erica hung around after, as her boyfriend was with his family.  She and I both took naps while Grant watched whatever sport was on. 

There was also baseball to watch over the weekend.  Grandson Hunter had his last game.  I took this pic of the sign I'd passed by many times. 


Pretty funny!  A good reminder for some of the more intense parents.  It is amazing how much pressure some parents put on 6-8 year olds.  Grandson Cove has another playoff game in his division.


DMC kit stitchery progress.  Early in the week I got a bunch of stitches put in while Grant was getting a procedure done at the hospital---but I had to tear it all out!  That very light pink is harder to work with than it should be.  I was happy to move on to some of the pretty green leaves.  


I've been home for a couple of days with a killer URI/cold that is kicking my rear!  I'm sure a whole box of tissues has been used up--now a cough is starting.  I haven't decided if I will try to work remotely tomorrow. Two COVID tests have been negative--I am due for the second booster. 

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Sounds like you had quite the crowd for your Mother's Day gathering! That is a wonderful family photo!
Oh, that has to feel good seeing one of your family snuggled and cozy with a quilt you made.
Love the sign--it is crazy the way some parents go ballistic at children's sporting events.
That looks like such a soft and pretty cross-stitch piece.
Hope you start feeling better really soon!

Tanya said...

So great that you were able to get together with your family!

I remember being so surprised about how intense my sister-in-law got at her daughter's softball games... My niece gave up softball when she got to high school!

I hope your cold doesn't develop into anything else. Take care!

Design Wall Monday--Catching Up

 Design Wall Monday --See more design walls on Judy's Small Quilts and Doll Quilts blog.  I disappeared for awhile, due to computer issu...